birding-aus

Freckled Duck

To: "Birding- aus" <>
Subject: Freckled Duck
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:08:10 +1000
I again spent a delightful couple of hours at Lake Borrie, I saw
 Pink -eared Duck. Musk Duck,  Pacific Black, Hard Heads, Chestnut Teal,
Grey Teal. Musk Duck, and guess what....No   Freckled Duck  ( I am tempted
to abbreviate the describing adjective!)
I am grateful for the advice given, I went in the morning to get the best
weather and light, I sat patiently on my stool with my telescope sand
scanned the water, the dead trees, the nesting boxes and the man-made
platforms.  I really don't care as the Pink-eared duck are worth the trip.
There were 13 Red-necked stint and 3 curlew sandpipers on the ponds at
Paradise Rd., It is a long time since I have seen a wader.
I off to North Queensland on a Klaus trip next week so will have to start
the hunt for the Freckled Duck in August.

Shirley Cameron