birding-aus

Re:Striated Fieldwren in Sydney

To: Tony Palliser <>
Subject: Re:Striated Fieldwren in Sydney
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:11:22 +1000
G'day Tony,
The birds I've seen are an exact match on the drawings in the Slater field
guide, esp. in coloration and streaks on breast. They don't have the pale grey
breast like the grassbird.
Other distinguishing features which I've noticed are:
1). They have pinkish legs;
2). The tails are usually cocked, but are occasionally dipped;
3). You can differentiate the females by their buff-yellow eyebrows

Besides, their residential habitat is just above the ocean rocks, in the sea
spray, where there are no nearby reeds or long grass for refuge.
One thing I've learned though in life is that the only other thing you can be
absolutely sure of (besides death and taxes), is the veracity of this statement
itself.
So I would like someone else to have a look and confirm.
I can take some photos next weekend.

Regards