birding-aus

PhD seeking

To: <>
Subject: PhD seeking
From: <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:05:35 GMT
Dear all,

I am presently completing my fifth year at University
Pierre et Marie Curie in France (Paris VI -
laboratory of Ecology) and I am seeking a Ph.D.
opportunity in bird population dynamics in a
theoretical and applied approach, with conservation
issue. So, I am inquiring to know if anybody is
looking for someone like me.
Currently, as part of my courses, I'm working at the
CRBPO (the French ringing center) on local
recruitment in common passerines, using
capture-recapture methodology. The data set I am
studying comes from 12 years of 30 French constant
effort sites (equivalent of MAPS) and allows me to
study inter-specific variation of recruitment.
Before, I worked over 3 years on habitat selection
based on the reproductive success of conspecifics in
the Black-legged kittiwake, with one summer of field
work in Brittany (France) and two summers of field
work in the Norwegian arctic on Hornøya island using
an experimental approach. During these years, I
gained much field experience (survey, bird
manipulation?) in often fairly tough conditions. On
Hornøya island, I also manipulated Puffins,
Guillemots and Razorbills chicks for a study on ticks
(Ixodes uriae). If you (or anyone you know) are
interested in my application, please contact me.
Thank you very much in advance.

  Yvan RICHARD.