birding-aus

Re: switch it OFF ! - better still, dump the monster in the bin.

To: <>
Subject: Re: switch it OFF ! - better still, dump the monster in the bin.
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:17:04 +0930
Well of course as an ( impartial ??) Optus employee your point of view is
understandable,
but not in my view excusable. Couldn't you get yourself a decent tape
recorder for the birdsong and leave the phone in your desk at work?
I hope you realise Optus only give you one to use because it's free
advertising for them.
The more people see others using them the more likely people are to succumb
and get one themselves, society actually comes to believe it's "normal" to
have the new toy which they don't need.  Ugh!  Shudder shudder.
Embrace the 21st century ??  I think I'd
prefer  1066 vintage pigeon post.
T.