birding-aus

Calling up a bird ?

To: Val Ford <>
Subject: Calling up a bird ?
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
Good Morning Val and All,

To add to Val's ring-in's :^D I can say that only a
few minutes back I was talking to my mate of these
parts to get his full morning recital.

He started with A MAC truck going downhill through the
gears .....

Then a washing machine on spin start-up cycle (even
had to water discharge sound) ..... followed by a
steaming kettle with whistler coming to the boil.

Plus a wonderful rendition of what could only be
defined as a chorus of the "Carlton theme song" ??????
pretty good eh? for an adult white-backed magpie
...... perhaps he felt sorry for those lowly blues eh?

Is nothing sacred I ask ..... or was he planning my
day for me :-] A bit windy down here today eh?

Dear All,
If I was wishing to get info on jet propelled boat
speeds in an Australian bay and the legal limit on
noise produced where would be the first place I should
search? shirley :-] we have some legislation on this
very important fact of protecting plover and many
other endangered bird species place of residence?

Perhaps I should push for more of my dream to come
true? hmmmmmm

John A. Gamblin,
Takmebactacapastrano

Val Ford <> wrote:

In an attempt to get birding-aus back to birding I
report that I heard a lyrebird imitating a ringing
telephone in the Kinglake National Park, Vic, a
few years ago.

Val Ford
Sorrento, Vic

=====
7.5 million native birds were killed last year ....
10,000 Oztralians ( and two Yanks :^D )
Are now working to save them ...
You too can help, by donating to Birds Australia.