writing protest letters

Subject: writing protest letters
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:32:56 -0000
Dear All,

Just a thought on writing protest letters about environmental enormities happening in other countries. Most letters seem to be suggesting that you write the Minister or Ministry in that country, but I think a more effective strategy is to write to the Ambassador of that country in Australia (or in whichever country you are). During this last year I worked for one of the Embassies in Canberra and I can testify that even a few protest letters can ruffle feathers, as Ambassadors are much more concerned with their country's international reputation than are bureaucrats and politicians in that country.

Australians can download a document called The Diplomatic List from the Dept of Foreign Affairs Web-site: and this will tell you the name and address of the relevant Embassy/Ambassador. And people in other countries can probably find similar information at their Departments of Foreign Affairs web-sites.

For those Australians wanting to protest the Korean reclamation scheme, for example, write to:

HE Mr Shin Hyo-hun
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
113 Empire Circuit
Yarralumla, ACT 2600


John Leonard

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at

Birding-Aus is on the Web at
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message
"unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line)

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • writing protest letters, John Leonard <=

The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way. If you wish to get material removed from the archive or have other queries about the archive e-mail Andrew Taylor at this address: andrewt@cse.unsw.EDU.AU