birding-aus

Mildura old news

To: <>
Subject: Mildura old news
From: "Barry McLean" <>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:16:34 +1000
Hi all,
Nice to be back on birding-aus after 12 months travelling since selling our house. Currently house-sitting back in Sunraysia, at Dareton.

Not sure if anyone reported these sightings to birding-aus at the time so I do so now:

1 Grey Goshawk - White Phase.  Was seen in Mildura area by many individuals over a six-week period. Last reported on 7/4/01.

Scarlet-chested Parrot.  Male clearly seen and studied by two observers, from 10 metres, in Mallee about half km south of Meridian Lakes, and later a brief view of a female.

Ground Cuckoo-Shrike.  Group of 4 seen by 3 observers in old Gol Gol Tip area on 2/4/01.

Freckled Duck.  Group of approximately 35 first seen on Mildura Sewerage ponds on 14/4/01 and still there on 1/5/01.

Barry and Roberta McLean
PO Box 979, Swan Hill, Vic 3585.

Ph 0418584433
temp ph 03 50274346 (till end of May?)