birding-aus

birding accommodation again

To: birding aus <>
Subject: birding accommodation again
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:43:06 +1000
I've waited a few days for the dust to settle before I tentatively stick
my head up again; I'm not a good judge of a 'safe' topic, am I?!

I was actually referring in my original posting more to 'informal'
accommodation where people of a natural history bent are likely to feel
comfortable in a quiet and moderately natural surrounds inhabited by
birds and other nice organisms! ie rather than more formal 'birding
lodges' etc. This is not any sort of slur on such organisations (I'll be
spending some of the Christmas period at Kingfisher Park for instance),
but just a recognition that others have already covered this aspect.

Hopefully no-one then will be offended if I post next week an initial
short list of places that we've used and enjoyed, mostly in SE
Australia. Some will be those we've used on tours, others just ones
we've used ourselves. It will NOT be advertising in any sense (ie I have
no financial or even personal interest in any of them). I'll head it
"list of birding accommodation" so you can delete it without opening if
it's of no interest to you; I'm genuinely aware of people's limited time
and varying interests.

Perhaps if you find it useful, you could do likewise. On the other hand
if any of you (especially Russell!) thinks this is a misuse of the list,
let me know soon, and I won't impose.

Meantime Klaus and Denise - I'll respond to you both in the next couple
of days. Sorry for my tardiness; things have been a Bit Much here of
late!

My fingers are crossed!

Best wishes

Ian
--

Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Wordsmithing