birding-aus

Re: Port Phillip Bay sighting

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Port Phillip Bay sighting
From: "Marlene Lyell" <>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:51:11 +1000
Hi all

Further to my posting on 30th March re the possible sighting of a Huttons Shearwater, I now realise, thanks to Michael Norris, that I was actually seeing my first Arctic Jaegers.
I returned to the bay today, just off South Werribee, complete with video, hoping to get some footage but, by the time the video focused on the birds, they were little blobs heading off towards Geelong. But they provided me with another opportunity to verify the identification.
Good one Michael
Thanks
Marlene