birding-aus

Filtering Messages

Subject: Filtering Messages
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:30:49 +1100
In Netscape

you use the Edit menu and go to "Message filters" where you can
route messages from particular senders or containing particular
words or.... to a variety of boxes for incoming mail.

So everything coming to me with "birding-aus" in the subject
line goes to a bird box and, after dealing with this sort of
thing, everything else which does not have my name as a
recipient goes to junk.

Very useful.  It was particularly helpful over Xmas when people
at the Royal Melbourne Botanic Gardens (see bat postings)
swamped the enviroweeds mailing list with "sorry we are on
leave" messages.

Michael Norris