birding-aus

Re: Lewin's Rails in SA

To: <>
Subject: Re: Lewin's Rails in SA
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:33:04 +1030
Lawrie, nearly right.
The ones at Tolderol were reported in the SAOA Newsletter No 154, June 1995, p15 by D&S Harper. The quantity they reported was three, although in subsequent visits by others in the following week the numbers rose to those quoted earlier by myself. Perhaps by that time the novelty was wearing off and we'd got used to them being around, so no-one thought to report a second time in the same week. It might also have been interpreted by some as oneupmanship. Our birders in SA are far too friendly for that sort of caper.
Tony.