birding-aus

Cannon netting of waders

To: Marilyn Davis <>
Subject: Cannon netting of waders
From: Tracey Phillips <>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 23:36:11 -0800 (PST)
Hello Marilyn and others

You are correct when you call cannon netting
questionable?  I should not attempt to describe how it
is done because somebody better qualified than me can
do this.  I must say that when participating at Broome
i did not see any decapitated birds although one had
its wing torn off and others had their wings broken.
Most of the dead birds were just plain dead when the
nets were retrieved and did not have obvious injuries.

T Phillips