birding-aus

BIRDING-AUS titmouse at 70*N

To: Wim Vader <>
Subject: BIRDING-AUS titmouse at 70*N
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:27:43 -0800 (PST)
G'day Wim,

I totally agree with Syd Curtis re: your emails! have
you ever thought when it's 40 degrees Celisus here,
that's over 100 in fahrenheit just what the cooling
effect your messages might have on us Oz :-] so you
could be doing a very good Health and Safety
pre-cautionary measure for us Ozzies. I'd even go so
far as saying perhaps? "Cere Hugo" would cover any
costs for this? just think of the reduction in water
consumption alone? as we all remember swans landing on
frozen lakes, the titmouse with a bad headache from
trying to get a drink through inches of frozen ice,
feathered heads popping out of the snow covered nests,
icicles falling from washing lines as the birds land
on them. My father screaming at yet another ruptured
outside waterpipe. Your messages also bring back
strong childhood memories for me. Seeing them eat from
the hanging feeder Mum and Dad would put outside
filled with suet and some fruit. I always remember how
cold they looked?

I think, apart from many on this list, that most
Ozzies do not know how truly lucky they are? not only
for where they live but the lifestyle it gives. Sad to
say that many here though still want to tear down
trees with no thought as to what lives in them or
feeds from them. Me for one, says to you Wim, many,
many sincere thanks for your emails, don't stop them,
I think they are great. They bring me out of my fridge
at least.

John A. Gamblin

=====