birding-aus

Publicity

To: "Bird Chat Line" <>
Subject: Publicity
From: "Mitchener/Christie" <>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 14:04:21 +1030
Picking up on a thread from late last year:

Cadbury Furry Friends

Cadbury have 20 different 15gm 'blocks' of chocolate that sell for 45cents each.

The wrapper of each contains an amazing amount of info.
On the front - a picture of the animal
On the back - a map of Aust showing distribution, and a general comment.
(comment for the Mountain Pygmy Possum:  This animal is
endangered and only found in a small area.  Tourist development - ski runs,
roads - in alpine areas could reduce its habitat even
more if care is not taken.)
Inside wrapper -
Sketch of animal then:
Here are some interesting facts about me.......
Where do I live.........
What do I eat............
What's special about me.........

They were for sale at my local newsagent - strategically placed for impulse
buying.

I wonder if Cadbury could be encouraged to consider a similar set of Feathered
Friends?

Maureen