birding-aus

Have you seen this bird?

Subject: Have you seen this bird?
From: "Ray Kelly" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:26:57 +1100
Michael,

Congratulation on your appointment. I have just returned from a couple of weeks R&R at Tuross Head and while down there I was invited by a long time friend who has retired to Tuross to attended an information evening in Narooma NPWS office, the host being Mark Westwood.

I found the evening to be very informative and as a result I signed up as a warden to assist with his Shorebird Recovery program. Eight of us spent time at South Tuross estuary (Eurobodalla National Park) on 23/11 sighting, marking and fencing Little Tern scrapes and nests.

I must admit it is one of the very satisfying things that I have done since becoming a birdo about 18 months ago, especially being the first to find two nests, each with an egg. I am hoping that I can also use the knowledge gained to make contact with those reponsible for a similar program at Towra Point in Kurnell and perhaps 'swap notes'.

I wholeheartedly encourage everyone to find out more about this great initiative.