birding-aus

Seen in feathers

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Seen in feathers
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:34:51 -0800 (PST)
G'day Y'all, pptttttting (prune pip in dead centre)

I attended a local meeting this past Saturday to
discuss proposed ways to spend 12 million dollars on
changes to Hastings and it facilities? it was proposed
to go at first for about 90 minutes? four hours later
we pack up and all head home, brains bulging. First
thought's from me were some bird hides / shelters /
with pay in the slot telescopes etc etc for users that
want to come down this way and view French Island and
Western Port Bay. Quite a big attraction for any
person
ships and yacht's etc etc. A question to ask many on
this list? at what stage of talks should say the NRE?
EPA? BA? EIA persons be brought into this discussion?
I found it strange that no one from these great
organisations I value highly were there?

So I held a small meeting of some trusted good clear
thinking brains and we wonder how much disturbance
would be made to the waters of Western Port Bay?
hmmmmmm we then sail on around the bay.
Beautiful day.

Whilst out with Tony H. I re-write and oldie but a
goodie, hope you like.

Recently music by Wet Wet Wet I think originally by
the "Trogg's" hehehehe dates one doesn't it?

I see it in their feathers,
I feel it in their Call,
With Gluepot all around them,
And so their feelings soar,
It's written in their wing,
Seen everywhere they go,
Oh yes it is,
So if you really love them,
Come on let it show,
Oooooooh,

You know you love them,
You always will,
Their minds made up by that way they feel,
There's no beginning,
There'll be no end,
For on Night Parrot love,
You can depend,

You see their face before you,
As they make ready their bed,
You kind of get to thinking,
Of all those words you said,
You gave your promise to Bee A,
And I gave mine to you,
I need someone beside me,
Come on Holly you know it's you,
Oh yes I do,
You know we love them,
We always will,
Their minds made up by that way we feel,
There's no beginning,
There'll be no end,
For on Night Parrot love,
You can depend,
Got a fever in me,
It's written in their wing,
Seen everywhere they go,
So if you really love them, love them,
Come on let it show,
Oooooooh,
Come on let it show,
Come on let it,
Come on let it,
Come on let it,
Come on let it,
Come on let it Oooooh.

Please, all birdo's out there, keep drinking extra
water whilst this heat is on, in fact anyone out there
in the heat, a litre a day keeps dehydration away.

John A. Gamblin