birding-aus

*Thanksgiving quiz*

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Thanksgiving quiz*
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:10:25 -0800 (PST)
Whilst some BA members are feasting in friendliness
and we Oz are smiling at the "Gabba" news then here's
a quick quiz to hone some skills and crunch some brain
cells and also to distract you from what your doing
:-]

1. How many species of Robin are there in Australia
and worldwide, thought I would ask that one as the
London Bus conductor batsmen are "robin" us of the
pleasure of watching them bat.

2. What is the coloring of the Lazuli Bunting.

3. What is the primary coloring of the Fairy Wren.

4. What is the diet of the Pelican? which variety of
food please? for the adult Pelican.

5. What is "Latin" name used for the red-billed pigeon
and where would I most likely find a red-billed
pigeon.

6. How many birds did "Tony Russell" tick on his last
sojourn.

7. What is the considered status of the Australian
Weebill.

8. How many species of bat does Australia have? how
many species of bat does the state of Victoria have.

9. In which Australian state would you most probably
be if you were to see a "Crimson" Rosella, how many
other species of Rosella would you most likely see in
that state? they seek him here, they seek him there
:-]

And finally how many birding terminolgies have been
stolen to be used in the game of cricket :-]

Birding and Baseball questions next week ......