birding-aus

Birding for beginners

To: <>
Subject: Birding for beginners
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:12:28 +1000

           To birding-aus subscribers wishing to interest the younger generation in the joys of birding.

On your marks:

Clouston & Hall, Canberra booksellers, in their academic remainders list for December, include the following:

   "Cortright, Sandy.  Birding Basics.  Aimed at bird-watchers in Canada, Australia and the USA, it explains how you can join the millions of people who are captivated by birdwatching.  Pick out the right binoculars, the right clothes and a field guide.  You'll be amazed at the variety of species you can identify in your own neighbourhood.  All colour."

(I haven't seen it.  I make no recommendation, but merely draw attention to it.  And note, being a remaindered book, the number available will be a limited.)

Clouston & Hall, phone: (02) 6280 4499; or 1800 626 629.
                           Fax     (02) 6239 1076
                           Email:

   or post:    Clouston & Hall Booksellers, Reply paid 457, Fyshwick, ACT 2609

Get set:

           The recommended retail price was $24.95.  Remaindered it goes out at $2.95.  That's right, 5 cents less than three dollars!   But packing etc. and freight add another $3.80 (anywhere within Australia).  But $6.75 is still a fairly economical Christmas present for a child whom you think might enjoy bird-watching and eventually become active in bird conservation.  So

Go!

Get your order in while they last.

Syd

PS.  I have, of course, ordered the copy I want for a grandchild before posting this message.