birding-aus

Re: superb fairy wren - strange behaviour

To: "Andrea Hoffmann" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: superb fairy wren - strange behaviour
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:42:18 +1100
They have done exactly the same thing at my place, whilst breeding adjacent to my lounge room (and no doubt many other places). (I am in Canberra) It is quite typical behaviour, not strange at all. Though it is strange to the bird - as in a mirror is a strange object to a bird - and they don't understand it. It is attacking its reflection. The solution is to cover the car mirror with a cloth and rearrange the light or bushes so that it doesn't see its reflection in the window of the house.