birding-aus

Cats and birds

To: <>
Subject: Cats and birds
From: "Patricia Sykes" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:10:58 +1100
I've backchannelled both Vicki and Andrew re the cat/bird problem, suggesting they think of building cat runs. I'm posting it to the list in the hope the idea proves useful to other cat owners/bird lovers. A friend of mine did this with her Siamese - an incredible Houdini as well as bird-killer - adding cat 'toys' in strategic places. She did this in a small backyard and on a minimal budget. What's more, the cat is happy. Recyclable materials work as well as new. I live in the Dandenongs opposite a forest so it's a major issue up here.

regards, Patricia

Patricia Sykes