birding-aus

the power of television

To: Dorothy Window <>
Subject: the power of television
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:33:30 -0800 (PST)
Dorothy Window <> wrote:

Television is indeed a powerful tool, and in this day
and age this communication medium seems to appeal to a
far greater audience than that of radio.

Uuuum re: ABC cutbacks enjoy Dorothy whilxt we can
without adverts ......

It surprises me that the publicity people at BA have
not grabbed the opportunity to publicise Australia's
birds in this way on TV in the past.

Cost is horrendous to put it mildly and it's your
money they use after all.

Perhaps they have and I missed it!

I doubt that? but have weighed up all and use a budget
most effective style campaign that's working?

If Australia as a nation put the same effort into
publicising our birds as they put into sport, our
feathered friends would not be in the precarious
position they find themselves in today.

Should I rewrite the olde Everly Brothers song called
"Dream" that should make Unca Tones swoooon at least?

:-]

Taking care of our birds and the environments upon
which they depend is a a real investment in
Australia's future, whereas sporting pursuits are not
- they simply
glorify the individual.

Careful Dorothy or you called get labelled a red
headed radical with no true concept of life on this
planet? like I recently was.

So, instead of the obligatory sporting segment at the
end of every news bulletin (on both TV and radio), how
about Nature News? (Melbourne Cup exempted, of
course!).

Hahahahaha neigh why do that :-]

News and interviews could feature the happenings of
the moment.

Never know what peoples internet TV might come up with
eh?

What a breath of fresh air!

Dot in FNQ

>From one end of this land to the other? did you know
we had a small "bird wreck" that covered that distance
recently? onlt a small one of course?????????? over
1.2 million GOT LOST IN THE WIND SAY SOME? I will not
swear in front of you Dorothy, Avagooday y'all here
ppttiiiing missed grrrrrrrr.