birding-aus

Wottamulla Seabirds

Subject: Wottamulla Seabirds
From: David Siems <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:03:25 +1100
 Hi Netters,
            Birding with Steve Anyon-Smith from Wottamulla Point (12km south
of Sydney) on Sunday 29th gave the usual unusual.
            Sea-Eagles               3
            S/T Shearwaters       1000s
            Fluttering Shearwater    3
            B/B Albatross            5
            Shy Albatross            1
            Gannets                 10
            Crested Terns           10
            imm Pomarine or sub adult Artic Skua 1 (long distance out,
flying south)
            We had four large white birds with trailing legs and straight
necks flying in a V formation a long way from shore. After watching them
flying south/east they then turned and flew east and were lost on the
horizon. The only bird I could guess were four Spoonbill type.
            Humpback Whales Two pods of 2 and 3
            Brown Antechinus checked us out   1

All the Best

David Siems