birding-aus

Corvids at Port Macquarie

To: <>
Subject: Corvids at Port Macquarie
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:09:38 -0000
Hi Chris and all

The cross over area for the 2 species would be somewhere between Port
Stephens - Port Macquarie area (just north of the city of Newcastle over
200-km north of Sydney). I however have heard/seen more Torressian Crows
than Australian Ravens in the Port Macqaurie Area. Also, I have found more
Forest Ravens, than any other corvids around the Harrington area and around
Seal Rocks. This 2 areas are within this change over area, with all the 3
species seen in the Harrington Area on the same day on atleast 2 occassions.
At Barrington Tops, have also seen 4 species of Corvids (ie) Little Ravens
aswell as the the just mentioned 3 species of Corvids.

Edwin