birding-aus

Swift Parrot In Seven Hills (metropolitan western Sydney) 16-17th Septem

To: <>
Subject: Swift Parrot In Seven Hills (metropolitan western Sydney) 16-17th September 2000
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:08:54 -0000
Today, a Swift Parrot was still hanging about our backyard in Seven Hills for atleast most of the morning and was able to see it in unmistakable "Swift" flight. There are a few Eucalypts in flower around our place but it may also be feeding on lerps. Some of the other birds present this morning around the backyard included both Striated and Spotted Pardalotes, small migratory flocks of Yellow-faced Honeyeaters and Silvereyes, Mistletoebirds, Red-rumped Parrots, our resident Red Wattlebirds, Noisy Friarbird, a Long-billed Corella and possibly a Scarlet Robin was heard (unless it was a Silvereye but seemed to cut short and have heard Scarlet Robins make a variation to its normal call superficially sounding like a Silvereye).

Still have not heard either a Koel or Channel-billed Cuckoo in Seven Hills.

Good to see our athletes picking up a few gold medals over the weekend! I have also been hearing fireworks every night from home. It's definately "party time" everynight here in Sydney while the Olympics is on!

Edwin