birding-aus

New regional online field-guide

To: "" <>
Subject: New regional online field-guide
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:46:28 +1000
G'day All,

Currently I am making a new web-site, possibly the first on-line birding
field-guide, though at the moment it is still under-construction. My
initial thoughts were to start small and simple, and chose our shire,
Pine Rivers north of Brisbane and highlight the great birding sites and
the species we have to offer here. However I found that the shire's
bird-list currently numbers over 300! (this is nearly half of the
Australian list!)
Eventually I wish to include audio and video but I think that's a little
way off for now.
Hopefully this will provide inspiration to others and provide a useful
resource for birders and those desperate to keep their remaining birding
areas intact!
At present I am madly trying to capture video images of all these
species.....but I am a long way short of having a complete set, if
anyone has any on that are on the PRS list
(http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/prs/prsbirdlist.htm) and would like to
donate I will gladly acknowledge and place a link to their website or
email.
Please go to Birds of the Pine Rivers Shire on
http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/prs/prs.htm follow the links and have a look
at Forest Kingfisher (number 184), then drop us a line, we would love to
hear your comments!

Tom and Marie Tarrant
Samsonvale, Queensland
Australia