birding-aus

Emerald Atlas

To: "" <>
Subject: Emerald Atlas
From: Atriplex Services <>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:02:49 +0930

Harvey Perkins wrote:

> >However, the first for me was seeing noisy and yellow-throated miners
> >within a stone's throw of each other.  Do these species frequently
> >cohabit?
>
> West Wyalong in the Central Western Slopes of NSW is obviously in the zone
> of intergradation for these two species.  Both can be seen fairly readily
> in the area, but about a month ago we also saw 4 Noisys and 2
> Yellow-throated in the same tree in the motel courtyard.

They co-habit along the Murray at Morgan, SA. The Noisies are usually, but not
always confined to the Redgum-Box fringe and the Yellow-throated are in the
adjacent mallee. We live on a cliff-top among the mallee, overlooking the
redgums and both visit the area around our home.
Anne

--
Atriplex Services
Working With Nature