birding-aus

Oriental Plovers (Dotterels) in New Zealand and Father's Day Surprise

To: <>, "david medway" <>
Subject: Oriental Plovers (Dotterels) in New Zealand and Father's Day Surprise
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:35:42 -0000
I just purchased this field guide last week and was quite impressed with it. Nice plates and packed with alot of information. I also liked the format with having both a field guide and handbook section.

I also like to note that yesterday, Father's Day while at a restaurant called the "Settler's Inn" just out of Blacktown, something sure got our attention up on the ceiling. The retaurant is set in a country like scene with tin inner roof, horse sadles all over the place, a rusted old tank in the centre and in one corner, a real (stuffed) Masked Owl !!!.

I wonder where they got that from?

Edwin