birding-aus

Masked Owl in SE Qld

Subject: Masked Owl in SE Qld
From: "Paul James" <>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:29:19 GMT
In case anyone is interested, we spotlighted a male Masked Owl last night on the road from Conondale to Kenilworth. It was perched on a roadside post by a turnoff signposted South Mary River Road. This is just before the turning to Booloumba Creek coming from Conondale. I don?t know if this is a regular site but it is not far from the Charlie Moreland Camping Area where the species was seen earlier in the year. We also saw a White-eared Monarch on the Little Yabba Forest Walk from the camping area. This was where the path crosses a boardwalk over the stream.

Would be interested to hear if anyone else sees Masked Owl at this site.

Regards,

Paul & Bridget James