birding-aus

Emus in the Blue Mountains

To: <>
Subject: Emus in the Blue Mountains
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:30:35 -0000
I was watching a documentary about Bush Fires "Eye of the Storm" on chanel 7 at 7:30 to 8:30 pm tonight and they showed the the fires in Winmalee (about 60km west of Sydney) a few years ago. One scene showed a wild Emu was running away from the fire fighters from forest. I guess there may still be the odd Emu still in the Blue Mountains. Does anybody know of any recent reports there ?. Have heard them being seen in the Wollemi NP further north along the Putty Rd.

Edwin