birding-aus

Avian collective nouns

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Avian collective nouns
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:38:33 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Forsyth <> wrote:

Avian collective nouns

g'day Syd, I may be able to save you a little bit of
work. I have come across various lists...printed and
electronic.

1 The  USA "About.com" hosted by Christine Tarski's

http://birding.about.com/hobbies/birding/library/weekly/aa032700b.htm

in her section Birding/Wild Birds on 25/04/00 had 58
collective nouns listed.

2 The New Zealand "http://nzbirds.com/   listed 148
collective nouns for birds also on 25/04/00.

Unfortunately, today I cannot access Web Pages to
check if they are still there.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.

To Bob and Syd and all others re: Avian Collective
Nouns how does a "rash of rehabbers" sit you you fine
folk :-]

I've gone to the doctors now ...... is Margaret
Cameron still overeseas? I just wondered if she would
like a lotto ticket wager on tonights game? any
winnings to go to BA's land acquisition program? bet
she's purring in a corner somewhere ...... I'll awk
orf for now.

Have a great weegend everyone and happy and safe
birding to all.

Where's that Eggbert gone wish he'd come here as I
bought some water based gold and brown paint for him
:-]

Why am I so happy and wacky? "It's raining" it really

=====

Hastings,
Where thee Western Port Waders will soon regularily meet.