birding-aus

Bird Dictionary

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Bird Dictionary
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:39:47 +1000
g'day All,

I received a direct email asking what I meant by "Anting"

A handy (but very brief) source of info for such queries is the
"Bird Watcher's Dictionary" by Peter Weaver. (ISBN 0-85661-028-3 )

It can be accessed by going to the "Birding On Bird Dictionary"  Web page at

then
-- Click the Dictionary hyperlink
-- Click the letter "A"
-- Scroll down to Anting and click again

For more info,
-- click dusting
-- smoke bathing
-- ectoparasite

Another source is A (Alec).H. Chisholm's "Bird Wonders of Australia"
My 2nd-hand paper cover 1965 6th edition cost $6.00 and is a great read and reread.

Regards,
Bob Forsyth
Mount Isa, NW Qld.