birding-aus

Trip to Canada

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Trip to Canada
From: "Roger McGovern" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:00:03 +1000
Louise and I recently returned from a 6 week spring trip to Ontario, Quebec, Maine and New Brunswick. Although it wasn't only a birding trip (we fished, golfed and visited relatives as well), we did quite a bit of birding notably around Point Pelee and along the St Lawrence River and Gulf. We saw some good rarities for the region including Black-necked Stilt, Tricolored Heron, White-winged Black Tern and less rare, but good, Snowy Egret and Red-necked Phalarope. We recorded 199 species with 9 life birds, and saw 29 species of warbler.
I have written an account of the birding aspects of the trip together with a species listing on an MSWord file. Anyone who would like a copy can e-mail me and I will be happy to forward it.
Cheers
Roger McGovern