birding-aus

HANZAB Sponsorship - Last Call

Subject: HANZAB Sponsorship - Last Call
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:50:46 +0800
Hi everyone

Thanks for everyone who has taken up the invitation to join in sponsoring some species for HANZAB Vol 5. The good news is that we are likely to be sponsoring 3 species! I will get back to you all individually in the next day or so.

The kind people at Birds Australia have agreed to do all the receipt writing for any birding-aus member who would like to contribute to our sponsored species. Here's what you will need to do:

Send your cheque to
HANZAB
 c/- Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Road
HAWTHORN EAST 3123, Australia
[Tel: (03) 9882 2622, fax: (03) 9882 2677]

Please mark it Attention: Mandy Johnson

Please include a note with your cheque that indicates you are part of the BIRDING-AUS sponsorship. You will receive a receipt.

Most people have indicated an amount of $20 - I think that would be ideal all round. But any other amount would be processed accordingly.

For each total of $150, a species account will acknowledge "The Birding-Aus Mailing List" as a sponsor. Please note that NO individual names of sponsors will appear in the volume (unless of course you come up with $150 for your 'own' species!).

If we can get enough cash for 3 species, that should wrap up this volume - quite an amazing feat on the part of the organisers at BA. One or two of these final species are New Zealand endemics. I hope nobody is concerned about them not being 'real Aussie birds' - after all the series is called haNZab for a reason, and we already have at least one sponsor joining the birding-aus effort from across the Tasman.

Birding-Aus has put an expression of interest in for Satin Bowerbird in Vol 6 - after all, that's what appears on our website.

When all the money is in and we've rounded off the amount to the next $150, I will let the whole mailing list know which birds we're supporting in this way. If we have more than what is needed for this volume, it will go towards the first species of Volume 6.

I hope you are all happy with this outcome - I'm delighted, and so were the good folk at HANZAB/BA.

MANY thanks again for all those generous offers.

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager