birding-aus

HANZAB sponsorship

Subject: HANZAB sponsorship
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:59:43 +0800

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me about the suggestion that Birding-Aus sponsors a species or two. At present, most people have suggested amounts of around $20. This means we are in a position to sponsor at least 2 species. The deal is this:

$150 gets the donor a mention in the text with the species. A lesser amount (sorry - haven't got the info at hand) of somewhere around $80 gets a listing under 'sponsors' in the front of the volume.

There have been a few suggestions of what species to back, but everyone seems happy with any. My choice would be Satin Bowerbird, which is in our web logo, thanks to Katie Bertsch. Of course, that's not in Vol 5 - I guess it will be in Vol 6?

I'm still taking offers - so if you'd like to support a bird, please drop me a line by the end of the week.
Then all those who offer support can vote on the species I guess.

Two further points - I haven't worked out a suitable method to collect $ yet because there is a slight tax benefit for donors, and I need to ensure that is passed on to those who pay. I'll be in touch with donors by private email.

Finally, I would like those who support the 'Birding-Aus Bird' to be acknowledged in some way, so I will probably put names of benefactors only (nothing about amounts), plus something about the bird, maybe images etc on yet another page on the Birding-Aus site.

Comments and further donor offers to me please, not to birding-aus. I might also try to pin down that bowerbird for Vol 6!

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Manager