birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck Boat Trip, 3 June 2000

To: Tim Reid <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck Boat Trip, 3 June 2000
From: Tony Palliser <>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:14:52 +1000
Nine albatross species (using Christidis and Boles taxonomy) on one trip would have to be a world record! Congratulations for such a brilliant trip - most impressive. Chris Corben once saw all 9 in two days off Tasmania many years ago and last year off Wollongong we had 8 within a week but 9 in is a record for a one day pelagic and adding Grey Petrel to the list certainly makes for a great day out.

Regards
Tony