birding-aus

If not Fiji then where?

To: S Cooney <>
Subject: If not Fiji then where?
From: Tony Russell <>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 05:42:36 +0900
Well, they got rid of Bjelke Joe so it might be safe. I reckon a spate of
birding in Fiji would be exciting, in spite of Speight. Garn Coonsy, give
it a go.
Tony, the other southern Mex.
ps: I'm going to NT and NW Qld myself. Staying out of the cities and away
from the pollies.

At 09:20  30/05/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>It seems like we may not be going to Fiji after all.  So where should we
>go?  FNQ has been raised in dispatches, specifically the Lotus Bird Lodge
>and then some time in Cairns, including a morning Dahlberg Daintree river
trip.

>If we do choose to head north, can anyone answer the following questions:
>
>Where should we stay in Cairns?
>What other birding type tours should we do in Cairns?
>What should we avoid in Cairns?
>Has anyone stayed at Lotus?
>
>And is there likely to be a secessionist coup in Far North Queensland?  We
>Mexicans hear some very strange stories!
>
>Any comment welcome,
>
>Regards,
>
>Stuart
>

>Birding-Aus is on the Web at
>www.shc.melb.catholic.edu.au/home/birding/index.html
>To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message
>"unsubscribe birding-aus" (no quotes, no Subject line)

ADELAIDE BIRDING, South Australia by 4WD
Tony Russell,

  phone : 08 8337 5959  , o/s 61 8 8337 5959
  e-mail:
  There's nothing quite like the feeling of seeing a new bird is there?