birding-aus

Swift Parrots return

Subject: Swift Parrots return
From: Bob Sothman <>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 12:33:01 +0930
Simon,

Saw four Swift Parrots yesterday at KAMAROOKA SP (Whipstick State Forest?) in
north-central Victoria  36 30 98, 144 25 51 along with lots of lorikeets.
Searched
for about four hours the day before at Chiltern without success (no lorikeets,
Regent Honeyeaters or Swift Parrots)..... so I concur with your interesting
observations about the current difference between north-east &  central Vic.

It was great to see the  Swifties.
Bob Sothman
Adelaide