birding-aus

Noisy Pittas

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Noisy Pittas
From: "Brian Everingham" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:50:47 +1000
Given all the attention to Noisy Pittas recently I was wondering what
information there was on when the bird makes its normal calls. Is there any
pattern as to time of year or time of day when its call is more regular
and/or when the bird is likely to be silent?
The bird is present at Sea Acres Nature Reserve, Port Macquarie, at the
moment, but in response to my "walk to work" imitation I got the high
pitched alarm call as described by Lambert and Woodcock and no bird
sighting. ... perhaps a stately walking away in a determined manner if my
wife is to be believed, though I missed that part entirely ...... In July
1999, in Dorrigo, the bird flew right in and spent time checking me out. Not
this time.
Brian Everingham

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"