birding-aus

Accomodation in the Eulo area

To: "" <>
Subject: Accomodation in the Eulo area
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:00:20 +1000
G'day All,
Sorry if this looks like an advertisement but I've just received this
request from a lady in Cunnamulla in SW Queensland and thought that it
might prove useful to anyone planning a visit in that part of the world
in the near future, unfortunately Julie sent her message after our
return from the area as Marie and I spent Easter around nearby Eulo and
saw some good stuff, singing Chestnut-breasted Quail-Thrush, Hall's
Babbler, Chirruping Wedgebills and plenty of  western parrots including
Mulgas, Red-winged, Blue Bonnet's, and Pink Cockatoos. Currently the
place is very green and well worth a visit.
Here is the letter from Julie Maclaren, please send all comments or
queries to her on

Tom Tarrant
Samsonvale, Qld
http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/

I have just visited your site on the Internet, and was very interested
in the touring options you have
available. My husband and I live on a 40,000 acre property just west of
Cunnamulla [approx. 1000 kms due west of Brisbane] and on the property
is one of the biggest waterholes in Western Qld. For sometime now we
have been very interested in having people to view the splendid and
varied bird life we have here, apart from the many species of frogs,
snakes and of course marsupials.
Ian, my husband has lived here for all of his 50 odd years and has a
wealth of knowledge of  the varieties of bird species, which, along with
snakes has always been a passion of his.
We have shearers quarters available for accommodation and a fully
renovated 2 bedroom cottage for
those who like to sleep under cover, for those who like camping our
waterhole, which is named
Gumholes Creek, is, I think one of the most beautiful spots in
Queensland with the mulga ridges on one side and open plains on the
other.
If tourists would like something more civilised we are only 16 klms. out
of town and there are 2 motels,3 hotel motels and budget accommodation
at other hotels.
I would be very interested to hear from you if you think that we could
be a site for any of your tours.
The species of parrots on our property include,Major Mitchells, Bourkes,
Mulga Parrots, Mallee
ringnecks and at least 9 other species. Other bird life here are those
that are associated with Western
Qld. river systems.

 JULIE MCLAREN
"BOWRA",