birding-aus

Archive records

To: Neil Strode <>
Subject: Archive records
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 22:00:27 +1000
Neil's quite right that the archive is not currently accessible.

I've sent a message to Russell Woodford and to the webmistress
of the CSE website at the UNSW.

Michael Norris
Hampton, Vic.

PS. Marvellous weather down here today - warm with blue skies.
New Holland Honeyeater and Superb Blue Wrens at the Bay Road
Heathland Reserve during one of our working bees (controlling
bracken and Kunzea, filling the small ponds) with 2 Brown
Goshawks around including an immature on the ground near where
some of c100 small skinks were basking.

Someone who lives next to the reserve said he had an unusual
orchid in his garden and a "community expert" - not me! -
identified it as Leporella fimbriata - very rare here.
Afterwards a BBQ at a successful Gala Day at the Community Plant
Nursery, with the Mayor (my newsagent) in attendance. I bought
some Bursaria spinosa, Clematis microphylla and Bilardia
scandens for our garden.

Back home to try to i/d, unsuccessfully, a bluetongue from
photographs taken at a recent controlled burn and read an
article (referred to in the ARCUE report) on Orange Palm Dart
Skippers breeding in Bayside.  This sub-tropical butterfly is
surviving, using a range of exotic and Australian palm trees.

Drove son and friends to party, encouraged wife before her tap
dancing performance...   The spaghetti sauce is burning ...

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"