birding-aus

E-mail management

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: E-mail management
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:09:39 +1030
Dear Birders,

It has been almost 3 months since my last message to this group. My experience comes as a gentle warning to others. Just before Christmas I upgraded my computer to the latest whizz bang model. I didn't unsubscribe as I thought I'd only be offline for a week at most.

A problem with my old hard drive and a minor glitch with the new one meant I was offline for about seven weeks. The accumulated mail waiting for a download came to 1066 messages! It has taken me many more weeks to finally read all of them. (Glance at them would probably be a more accurate term).

I now realise the importance of the unsubscribe message at the end of each posting!

Happy Birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge,
South Australia