birding-aus

RFI Birding and Parrot sites in PACIFIC as FIJI, NEW CALEDONIA, TAHITI

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: RFI Birding and Parrot sites in PACIFIC as FIJI, NEW CALEDONIA, TAHITI
From: "Peter Them" <>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 09:42:56 +0100
Dear All ;

By this a greeting from Denmark.

I do hope to come on a birding tour to the PACIFIC, and already
at this early stage of my preparation of my forthcoming PACIFIC
birding tour, I would kindly ask, if anybody please can supply
me with information about good birding sites in the PACIFIC -
as FIJI, NEW CALEDONIA ( NC ) and TAHITI , etc  - as I would
like to do a general birding in combination with my hope to see
some of the PACIFIC / POLYNESIA parrot species, such as :

Red Shining Parrot ( Prosepeia tabuensis )  -  Fiji.

Mashed Shining Parrot ( Prosopeia personata ) - Fiji.

Collared Lory ( Vini solitarius )  - Fiji.

Red-thorated Lorikeet ( Charmosyna amabilis )  - Fiji.

Horned Parrot ( Eunymphicus cornutus cornutus ) -  NC.

Ouvea Parrot ( Eunymphicus cornutus uvaeensis ) - NC.

New Caledonia Lorikeet  ( Charmosyna diadema ) - NC

Deplanchi's Lorikeet  (Trichoglossus h. deplanchii ) - NC

Massena Lorikeet ( Trichoglossus h. massena ) - Vanuatu

Palm Lorikeet ( Charmosyna palmarum ) - Vanuatu

Blue-crowned Lory ( Vini australis )  -  Samoa - Cook - Fji.

Rimatara Lory ( Vini kuhlii )  -  Cook Islands and Kiribati.

Stephen's Lory ( Vini stepheni )  -  Handerson Island.

Tahiti Blue Lory ( Vini peruviana )  - Aitutaki and Motu One,
                                          Society Islands - Cook Island .

Ultramarine Lory ( Vini ultramarina ) - Marquesas Islands.

And what time of year will you commend to be the best for
parrot watching and other birding in PACIFIC ?

Do you have any recommendation for accommendations ?

All kind of related informatiobs are most welcome ... !

Please contact me directly.   e-mail :

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter H. Them
Emmerich Alle 4,