birding-aus

Eastern Spinebill and Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Eastern Spinebill and Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike
From: Merrilyn Serong <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:00:56 +1100
Hi All
To my surprise, this afternoon an immature Eastern Spinebill was feeding
from a grevillea flower outside my window in Burwood, suburb of
Melbourne.  Eastern Spinebills are rather rare visitors to our garden,
appearing in winter, and certainly not every year.  I don't remember
ever seeing one here in summer.
Other surprising recent visitors were an adult and young Black-faced
Cuckoo-shrike on our clothesline and TV aerial over a couple of days.
We have never seen them in our garden before, although I know they are
in the eastern suburbs at times.
Happy birding,
Merrilyn

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"