birding-aus

Sacred Kingfisher mascarading as Forest Kingfisher

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Sacred Kingfisher mascarading as Forest Kingfisher
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:52:55 +1100

Having considered all the emails regarding the plumage variations of Sacred Kingfishers, it looks like I’ll have to change my Forest Kingfisher at Noccundra record to Sacred Kingfisher.

I guess this is a great demonstration of the value of birding-aus which can share information about such things before it makes it into field guides/publications.

Irene Denton