birding-aus

A nice few birds while painting

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: A nice few birds while painting
From: "sonnenburg" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:10:27 +1000
Painting railings/bannisters of our back deck last Friday AM.  5 White-throated needletails circling overhead (Mike T please note), Superb Fairy-wrens in shrubbery, many Silvereyes feeding on dreaded Chinese Elm berries (not in our yard), half a dozen Brown Honeyeaters flitting about chasing each other,  juvenile Dollarbird vigorously chasing a Spangled Drongo around, juv. Koel pestering Magpie-lark foster parents with female Koel nearby, Kookaburra lands on my newly painted railing, 25+ very noisy Noisy Miners flush out Brown Gossie from large tree, plenty of Scaly-breasted and Rainbow Lorikeets flying by, 4 Crested Pigeons land in yard, Magpies on the footpath, BFCS family flying around, Grey Butcherbirds x 3, plenty of Torresian Crows while several Welcome Swallows and a couple of Fairy Martins have replaced the Needletails.
Then there were also 35+ Common Mynahs milling about on the ground - where was the Gossie?

Cheers
Roy Sonnenburg
suburban Nundah, Brisbane