birding-aus

Birder awareness calling cards

Subject: Birder awareness calling cards
From: Hugo Phillipps <>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:27:06 +1100
Hi everybody -

Just letting you know that we have taken up the idea discussed a few weeks
ago on Birding-Aus about hand-out cards that could be given to businesses
patronised by birders in places near, or en route to, good birding
locations.  The cards follow fairly closely the format mentioned by Ian
Temby when he started the thread, with the wording:

Bird Watchers Supporting Business
I am here because I am interested in Australian native wild birds.  Your
support for protection of their habitat will bring more visitors to this
area and benefit your business.

There is also the BA logo and, on the back, the opportunity for the
business to fill in contact details and send the card back to us to be put
on a mailing list for further information about birding or bird
conservation developments and events.  This is, incidentally, NOT an
endorsement of the particular businesses but an awareness-raising exercise.

We are not going to make a profit out of the cards, but hope to recover the
cost of printing and postage.  They are available from the Birding Shop
(contact details below, email:   Price is $10
for 50 including postage within Australia.

Cheers,
Hugo

Hugo Phillipps
Communications Coordinator
Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Road
HAWTHORN EAST 3123, Australia
Tel: (03) 9882 2622, fax: (03) 9882 2677
Email: <>
Web site: <http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au>

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"