birding-aus

Identity crisis ......

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Identity crisis ......
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:30:36 -0800 (PST)
G'day All,

Could you help me please and some others on this list
as well.

I have nearly finished a roll of film of an unusual
visitor to my home?

I put the flash on my camera to catch him ten minutes
ago.

I know where the lodging place is at night?
Very, very clever fellow this one?
Right next door to the security system how well
protected is he? and in dense bushes giggle ......

Okay, I am definately going for an escapee?
PERHAPS????????
but my good friends of this list disagree?

Green is under wing and the major share of the chest
and completely over the back.

He also has a rose salmony pink face and upper chest
region.

Pale Yellow beak with very paler eye surround.
Red Band that reaches across the eye and touches the
upper beak, about 1/4 inch wide and goes from extreme
end of eye to eye, left to right.

Short pinkish red legs.

Has about a 2 inch long tail feathers which are
turquoise blue.

>From beak to end of tail feather measures about 6
inches.

Has a beautiful singing voice unlike many parrots that
to me tend to screech.

Fast in flight.

Seems now to be relating safety with me.

It has also taken up friendship with a pair of Rainbow
Lorikeets? which is weird if it is an escapee eh?

Can not find him in Pizzey and Knight, Simpson and
Day,
Slaters, Morecombe or any other of my ancient bird
books that Dad left for me.

JAG

Perhaps I'll turn this in to a competition?