birding-aus

birding-aus Lost messages

Subject: birding-aus Lost messages
From: Margaret Cameron <>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:14:34 +1100
Early in December the hard disk on my laptop failed. This was a traumatic
experience as it made a horrible noise, the sound of the destruction of
many many dollars. Unfortunately it was also the sound of the destruction
of documents which had not been backed up.

I had done a big back up in November but have certainly lost some saved
email messages received between about 9 November and Christmas Eve. I have
also lost some copy for Australian Birding Magazine received during this
period.

Most of my birdwatcher friends and ABM writers are also Birding-Aus
members. If any of you sent me anything important during this period please
send it again or at least get in touch.

To make the situation even worse, although I got my new computer set up and
in touch with Deakin so I was back on the electronic air on Christmas Eve,
on Christmas Day both my telephone lines gave up (trouble in the ancient
cables under our street) and were not fixed until last Friday. This didn't
matter so much when I was away in PNG and FNQ but it was a nuisance last
week. Yesterday I downloaded the waiting emails - I still have a backlog of
several hundred to look at, apologies to people I haven't answered.

Despite all this 2000 has got off to a great start with several lifers in
New Ireland (15 on the trip), two in Australia (Blue-faced Parrot-finch AT
LAST and Hudsonian Godwit) and a new tick for my Australian list the
Redrumped Swallow previously seen in Thailand.

Happy New Year to all

Margaret Cameron
                        Editor
4 Connor Street