birding-aus

birding-aus Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:09:16 +1100

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:09:16 +1100
From: "Judie Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:14:37 +1100 (EST)
My birding highlights of 1999?

The lists that have been appearing are a bit daunting, but in the belief that birding, like charity, begins at home, I would have to list my recent house move from the edge of Dubbo's CBD to the edge of the city's residential area.

At the house near the CBD the only birds to visit my garden were sparrows, starling and blackbirds.  Now, at the edge of town, and without even a garden to attract birds, I've had Peewits, Magpies, Yellow-rumped Thornbills, Noisy Friarbirds, Red Wattlebirds, a Spiny-cheeked Honeyeater, a couple of Eastern Rosellas an Australian Raven and a Pied Butcherbird to visit!
Yep!  This is definitely the biding highlight of the year for me,

Judie Peet