birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Cane Toads and nesting Brahminy Kite

Subject: birding-aus Re: Cane Toads and nesting Brahminy Kite
From: "jon wren" <>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:57:20 PST
Gooday Bob and birding-ausers,
Not sure if I done a note to birding-aus about the Brahminy Kite nest I had under observation here at Bowen for the Nest Record Scheme. I found about 30+ Cane Toads directly under the nest all had the soft belly parts removed and a number had become stiff mummified carcasses from the heat and the time that they had met there demise. I never actually saw this species feed on the Cane Toad but the dead CT's beneath the nest seemed to point in there direction.

Jon Wren
PO Box 868
Bowen (Climate Capital of Australia)
Visit     www.bowen.qld.gov.au